Location: Reston, VA- full time
Are you ready for change? We are looking for the best and brightest IT program managers to join our winning and innovative information technology team!
The Program Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Plans, directs, and coordinates computer-related activities including electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming.
• Performs day-to-day management of the program, and develops long-term and strategic objectives to ensure that end user requirements will be satisfied in future years of the contract.
• Incumbents perform horizontal integration planning, and interface with other functional areas, ensuring that technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner.
The Program Manager will serve as Scrum Master to provide collaboration, facilitation and leadership skills supporting the development of innovative software applications. The individual will be responsible for removing impediments from their team while promoting self-management and improving standards of work. The individual will work closely with staff PM to manage multiple teams, will work in high-pressure production environments and deliver outstanding products for multiple customers each under tight deadlines and constraints.
The Program Manager will gather, analyze, and compose technical information. The candidate will also conduct research and ensure the use of proper technical terminology. Also, the resource will translate technical information into clear, readable documents and present to technical and non-technical personnel. The Program Manager will support the development of all types of documents and reports by developing and updating graphics presentations to improve the quality and enhance the usability of these documents and also be responsible for integrating the graphics and information generated from meetings and facilitation sessions, using automated tools, and research methods into final deliverable documents.
Davis Unlimited Information Technologies, Inc. (DUIT) is a woman owned, minority owned small business information technology consulting company. We have opportunities for advancement and our salaries and benefits are competitive. Check us out on the web at www.duit.us!
We do things differently at DUIT! Contact us to find out how. Together, we can DUIT!
For consideration for this position, all applicants must meet the minimum job requirements and have an active security clearance and security background check. If you have already completed a background check/clearance, then that is a plus
1. Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, using agile methodologies and other project management techniques.
2. Demonstrated experience with technical communication and leadership skills to work with customers to obtain technical requirements and translate those requirements into actionable user stories and tasks for the development and testing teams.
3. Demonstrated experience in coordinating and writing project documentation, documenting meeting minutes, and completing data calls.
4. Demonstrated experience with creating project roadmaps to easily depict quick wins, short term activities, and long term activities.
5. Demonstrated experience managing and tracking accountable property.
6. Demonstrated experience with requirement and bug tracking tools such as JIRA, Remedy and/or Rally.
7. Demonstrated experience managing a complex IT system with multiple product owners.
1. Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced, operational environment. Ability to adapt to changing priorities is highly desirable.
2. Demonstrated experience working closely with senior executives and production operations to improve processes and to create and prioritize mission requirements for the support of modernization.
3. Demonstrated experience serving as the project manager of a project team supporting Mobile efforts.
4. Understanding of the security and development differences between iOS, Android, and Windows platforms within the customer space.
5. Demonstrated experience with business analysis and defining/instituting process changes.
6. Demonstrated experience exhibiting customer relationship skills.
Senior: • A senior level practitioner. • Someone that has extensive experience or training related to a particular skill, language, system, or technology and is capable of not only delivering a capability tied to that skill, but passing their knowledge on to others. • Requires a minimum of six (6) years of experience specific to the skill. • Ability, training and actual work experience with the specific computer language, systems, and/or technology is significantly more important than the number of years of experience. This is especially true with emerging technologies.
Expert: • A recognized expert or certified practitioner with a particular computer language, system or technology
that can not only deliver capabilities, but can mentor and train others
•At least eleven (11) years of experience specific to the skill and relevant training or certifications.
• Expertise, training and actual work experience with the specific computer language, systems, and/or technology.