Location: Herndon, VA- part time
Are you ready for change? We are looking for the best and brightest data administrators to join our winning and innovative information technology team!
A mission critical project requires an individual with extensive experience working with highly secure access control, and reliability are prime concerns. The project leverages a suite of Open Source technologies and COTS products to solve hard technical challenges in a highly available environment. The enterprise users and development partners are highly technical.
The selected candidate will be a member of a dynamic team that is designing, developing and operationalizing an enterprise application capable of supporting a diverse group of users. The selected candidate will manage the daily operations of multiple database and application servers, while continuously identifying areas to optimize the performance of very large document databases using relational, XML, text indexing, advanced retrieval systems and spatial database technologies.
Davis Unlimited Information Technologies, Inc. (DUIT) is a woman owned, minority owned small business information technology consulting company. We have opportunities for advancement and our salaries and benefits are competitive. Check us out on the web at www.duit.us!
We do things differently at DUIT! Contact us to find out how. Together, we can DUIT!
Applicant must have an active security clearance and security background check in order to be considered for this position. If you have already completed a background check/clearance, then that is a plus!
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience as a Database Administrator working on enterprise scale development projects using Oracle, MySQL, Hadoop and big data database technologies.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience managing the daily operations of multiple database systems and web application servers, including implementation of reliable backups.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience installing, configuring and deploying Oracle and MySQL database servers on physicals machines, VMWare virtual machines or AWS EC2 instances.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience designing and developing systems to automate and track database schema changes using OS scripting, PL/SQL, SQL, Subversion and/or Eclipse IDE.
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience designing and implementing systems to protect data in transit (using TLS encryption/strong authentication) and data at rest (using Vormetric).
6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with Red Hat Linux and Windows-based operating systems, including hardware configuration and network integration.
7. Demonstrated on-the-job experience planning for and deploying backup and recovery systems for Oracle and MySQL database servers.
8. Demonstrated on-the-job experience migrating data from and to Oracle, MySQL, Hadoop and big database technologies.
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with customers, system architects and developers to implement system performance and information security-related requirements.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Sponsor’s cloud implementation/technologies.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Sponsor’s guidelines and security policies governing system design and working with security POCs to ensure compliance.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working in a self-directed manner as part of a medium size agile software development team.
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the complete software development lifecycle.