Are you ready for change? We are looking for the best and brightest software engineers to join our winning and innovative information technology team!
An Agile development project, which supports capabilities for enterprise users, is being developed for the Sponsor. It leverages a suite of Open Source technologies to solve hard technical challenges in a high availability environment.
The selected Software Engineer will be a member of a dynamic team that will help design/architect enterprise solutions as the projects continue to evolve. The selected candidate will work with challenging problems from many different angles and come up with sound solutions utilizing different technologies that best fit the requirements.
As a Software Engineer, the candidate will work across the team to shape the product to meet customer needs and solve hard technical challenges to include rapidly integrating new endpoints that may be dramatically different in interfaces to established endpoints.
The selected candidate will develop, implement and maintain Open Source web applications, web services, and/or messaging solutions. The candidate will work in a mixed technical environment and maintain productivity when switching between languages or technologies. The candidate will work in a team environment and have the desire to develop software in an Agile fashion.
Davis Unlimited Information Technologies, Inc. (DUIT) is a woman owned, minority owned small business information technology consulting company. We have opportunities for advancement and our salaries and benefits are competitive. Check us out on the web at www.duit.us!
We do things differently at DUIT! Contact us to find out how. Together, we can DUIT!
A clearance and security background check are required in order to be considered for this position. If you have already completed a background check/clearance, then that is a plus!
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing with Java 1.7 or later.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing and consuming RESTful web services.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with system interface development with external enterprise services.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience implementing various open source relational database stores including data separation with experience in one of these applications: MySQL, PostgresSQL or PostGIS.
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with distributed version control systems, such as Git.
6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with unit testing and Agile software development practices.
7. Demonstrated on-the-job experience understanding current and future technology trends and identifying technology gaps in current capabilities and processes.
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with a micro service architecture to include interaction with service registries, such as Eureka, and tools, such as Drop Wizard.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Service Oriented Architecture and its principles.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with NoSQL data stores, such as MongoDB.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience, or familiarity with, Cloud Automation Technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing on Linux (virtual machine environments).
6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience configuring and deploying distributions of Java code.
7. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with configuration and management of package management systems, such as Artifactory or Nexus.
8. Demonstrated on-the-job experience supporting development, test, production environments, maintaining and upgrading releases between the environments to include experience with successful automated rollback to a prior release version.
9. Demonstrated on-the-job experience troubleshooting and problem solving both technical and non-technical issues.
10. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the Sponsor's technical communications processes.