Are you ready for change? We are looking for the best and brightest systems engineers to join our winning and innovative information technology team!
This position is for a DevOps Engineer. The candidate will work closely with the Sponsor and IT Program to understand the departmental stakeholder requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with:
- Agile development process. Specifically, the design and implementation of applications and systems’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities. Other responsibilities includes gathering requirements, prototyping, and architecting, implementing/updating solutions, building and executing test plans, performing quality reviews, managing operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
The candidate must be able to adjust to constant business change; common types of changes include new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies. Have the ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels with Sponsor, vendors (if needed).
The Engineer must possess the ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and automation tools, code and script, have experience with systems and IT operations, code testing and deployment, data management skills, a strong focus on business outcomes, collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
Davis Unlimited Information Technologies, Inc. (DUIT) is a woman owned, minority owned small business information technology consulting company. We have opportunities for advancement and our salaries and benefits are competitive. Check us out on the web at www.duit.us!
We do things differently at DUIT! Contact us to find out how. Together, we can DUIT!
A clearance and security background check are required in order to be considered for this position. If you have already completed a background check/clearance, then that is a plus!
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with DevOps practices (e.g. continuous integration/testing/deployment/delivery).
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with server automation tools (e.g. Hudson, Jenkins, CruiseControl, Artifactory, Docker, Vagrant, Chef, OR Puppet).
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with open source SCM tools (e.g. Subversion OR Git).
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working within an Agile development environment.
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Red Hat and CentOS variants of Linux.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience costing cloud and other hosting environments, hardware, and software components for projects.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with any of the following:
-Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS);
-Auto Scaling for Linux;
-Auditing Changes to Amazon EC2 Security Groups;
-AWS Tools for Powershell;
4. Attended AWS Training Classes in the DevOps Certification Track, OR AWS Certified SysOps Administrator OR AWS Certified DevOps Engineer.