Are you ready for change? We are looking for the best and brightest system engineers to join our winning and innovative information technology team!
This position is for a System Engineer to serve on a large program team developing, maintaining, and deploying a group of highly complex web applications. The candidate's initial focus will be on gathering, documenting, decomposing, tracking, and validating requirements for an extremely complex replacement of a legacy system.
• Coordinate and facilitate exchange/requirements meetings or forums to determine needs of customers;
• Consult with customer to investigate, understand, decompose, clarify, and validate complex requirements;
• Consult with technical counterparts to investigate, understand, decompose, clarify, and validate complex requirements based on legacy system behavior;
• Prepares project deliverables such as documents (e.g. Operations concept, Requirements Documents, Design Documents, Communication Plans);
• Coordinate and establish application UI standards to ensure a similar look and feel across similar corporate applications;
• Establish and maintain relationships with customers in order to understand and anticipate requirements;
• Collaborate and negotiate with developers and customers to come up with options to help identify the best and most economical development solutions.
Davis Unlimited Information Technologies, Inc. (DUIT) is a woman owned, minority owned small business information technology consulting company. We have opportunities for advancement and our salaries and benefits are competitive. Check us out on the web at www.duit.us!
We do things differently at DUIT! Contact us to find out how. Together, we can DUIT!
A clearance and security background check are required in order to be considered for this position. If you have already completed a background check/clearance, then that is a plus!
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience serving as a full time system engineer on software development efforts.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience establishing and facilitating technical requirements collections via meetings, forums, or other methods.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working on multiple projects in different states at the same time.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience translating technical requirements and customer stories into decomposed requirements.
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working in an Agile team environment.
6. Demonstrated on the job experience utilizing a requirements management system to track assignments, completion, and implementation of requirements in JIRA.
7. Demonstrated on the job experience deriving requirements from existing Lotus Notes code to document the "as-is" process.
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience delivering systems with complex web interfaces.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with an application software development process within the sponsor’s organization.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with the customer's existing IT infrastructure.